Denver Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Let Us Help You
Any motorcyclist knows the thrill of two wheels and an open road. Still, even the most skilled and experienced riders know that riding a motorcycle can be highly dangerous due to distracted drivers and those who just simply aren’t paying attention. When a car, truck, or any other vehicle strikes a motorcyclist, the results can lead to severe accidents and injuries by no fault of the motorcyclist. Unfortunately, insurance companies frequently attempt to argue that the rider was speeding, should have been wearing a helmet, should have been able to avoid the accident, etc.
The motorcycle accident attorney team at Galperin & Associates have represented many riders who have sustained serious and life-changing injuries at the hands of those who were not paying attention while operating their automobiles. If you or a loved one have been injured or killed while on a motorcycle, contact Galperin & Associates at 720-501-3451 so that we can help you take the immediate steps necessary to preserve essential evidence and protect your rights.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Regardless of how skilled the rider is, there will always be risk factors that can potentially lead to an accident. Types of threats include:
- Drivers who are inattentive or distracted. Motorcycles have lower profiles than many cars and trucks, which can make them more difficult for other drivers to see.
- Road Hazards. Any kind of debris on the road is not ideal for a motorcyclist. State and local governments are ultimately responsible for maintaining safe conditions on the roadways, but things like loose gravel and potholes can constantly pose a threat.
- Other less experienced riders. All motorcyclists should spend several hours in training courses before operating a motorcycle on any public roadway. Still, poorly trained or inexperienced riders can increase the risk of an accident. It’s important that all riders in a group practice communication to prevent collision or travelling into another rider’s lane.
- Poor weather conditions. In Colorado, we know how dangerous certain weather conditions can be. Snow, ice, and rain all make for slippery roads. Even strong winds can cause a motorcycle to wobble. In certain instances – primarily when bad weather occurs without warning – it may be difficult for riders to make necessary adjustments until they are off the road.
What To Do if You’re Involved in an Accident
Motorcycle accidents differ from auto accidents in that the rider is substantially more likely to be injured, those injuries are likely to be more serious and permanent, and there is a greater likelihood of death from a motorcycle accident. If you are involved in an accident, here are some general guidelines to follow:
- Immediately come to a stop. None of the parties involved in the accident should leave the scene. Make sure to move vehicles out of the flow of traffic.
- Check for injuries. Ensure there are no injuries, whether they are severe or minor. Keep in mind that just because you can’t see the physical injury does not mean that the person isn’t hurt.
- Call the police. Motorcycle accidents need to be reported to the proper authorities as soon as possible. Later on, these reports may prove helpful in determining who is at fault and ensuring the proper party receives compensation.
- Exchange information. It is crucial to have the contact information of the person(s) involved in an accident. This includes their name, address, phone number, and insurance information.
What We Can Do For You
The lawyers at Galperin & Associates and their investigators will act quickly to obtain and preserve evidence necessary to defeat the insurance companies’ attempts to blame the innocent rider. It is essential to contact the attorneys at Galperin & Associates as soon as possible after an accident to avoid losing valuable evidence.
The kind of evidence we can use to help you comes in various physical and non-physical forms, including but not limited to:
- Footage from the accident
- Photos of the crash site
- Medical records
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Testimony from experts
We’ll Protect Your Rights
It is important to remember that, despite the risks involved in riding a motorcycle, victims of motorcycle accidents have the same rights as any other accident victims. If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, you have a right to compensation as much as any other injury or accident victim.
The Denver motorcycle accident attorney team at Galperin & Associates are experienced in representing and protecting the rights of riders who have been injured in motorcycle accidents. Contact us by phone at 720-501-3451 or email us at email@example.com for more information about how to protect your rights and get your fair compensation!